Understand how to WIN
To win the Great Lake Taupo Business Awards 2021, you must be the top scorer in your category based on your;
- Entry Form and supporting information
- Judges Visit
- Mystery Shop
Category Winners are awarded a trophy & certificate, together with a prize from their Category Sponsor to the value of $500.
The Overall Business of the Year Winner also receives a marketing prize to the value of $2000.
Top Tip: Attend the Workshops
There are three workshops throughout the awards programme to help you work through each question in your submission. The workshops are free and provide valuable information on how best to answer the questions – these workshops will tell you what the judges are looking for!
The Awards & Judging Process
- Submit your awards entry by 5pm on Monday the 7th of June.
- Submissions must be through our online application form HERE and will be independently judged by Toi-Ohomai Institute of Technology, Business Management Faculty.
Each section of your entry is assessed by a specialist in that area, using the criteria outlined in the official guidelines.
Scores are allocated to determine the Finalists in each category.
- Finalists are announced at our Finalist Announcement event on the 1st of July 2021.
- Category Finalists are then mystery shopped & visited by a panel of expert Judges.
- Scores from the written entry, judges visit & mystery shop are then combined to determine the Winner of each category.
- Winners are announced at the Gala Awards Dinner Friday 20th August 2021.
The Overall Business of the Year will be chosen by the Chief Judge – and will be presented to the business that demonstrates excellence in ALL business areas.
Mystery Shop & Judges Visits for Finalists
Each Finalist will be visited by our panel of expert judges – highly skilled and respected business industry leaders. This visit allows you to demonstrate to the judges the aspects of your business you have identified in your application.
Each Finalist will also be visited by a mystery judge. The visit may include phone calls, website/social media inquiry (where applicable) or email contact. Criteria will incorporate customer service, presentation and marketing.
Mystery Shopping & Judges Visits will be conducted between Monday 5th July and Friday 21st July 2021.
Feedback will be sent to all entrants by the first week in September, and will include your score in each section, plus some commentary from the Judges.
All entries and supporting information remains confidential and will be viewed by the judging panel only. All judges sign a written confidentiality agreement and all entries are destroyed from the judges computers within two months following the awards. No information will be disclosed to individuals or organisations other than the judges and Awards Convener. The Chief Judge’s decision is final. No correspondence or debate will be entered into.